Information for families
A family friendly ski holiday
If you're a parent you'll probably agree that holidays with children are best when they're happy! As our UK staff are all parents and have taken their own children to Megeve many times, we understand through experience how best to ensure families have a wonderful time in Megeve. Do feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding arrangements for your young folk - we're happy to help.
- We have high chairs and car seats available for transfers as per French law. Cots can be hired for a flat rate of £25 for infants up to the age of 2 years old.
- Both our catered chalets Rond Point and Sylvana have games rooms which prove popular in the evenings. All our catered chalets have a selection of board games and books that guests are welcome to use at leisure.
- Our catered chalets Rond Point and Sylvana both have an ensuite family bedroom with one twin/double bed and two bunk beds. Pease note that we offer discount for the third and fourth person sharing a room - contact us for more information.
- If you prefer your family to sleep in separate bedrooms, we will endeavour to place you in rooms near to each other. (Unless you specify otherwise!).
- Children's meals are available in all our catered chalets and can be served at an earlier sitting if required - just speak with the chalet staff to let them know what you need.
- Skis, boots and poles can be left safely at Henry's Sports, Champfort Sports and Ski Concept so no complaining from tired children as they walk back to the chalet at the end of a day on the slopes!
- There are sledges available in our catered chalets if your children want to go outside and play in the snow. (Assuming they're not too exhausted!)
- Most importantly there is free Wifi throughout all of our accommodation for the times when they want to zone out on a device!!
Merinannies is a professional private nanny service in the most popular ski resorts in the Alps, including Megeve providing first class childcare for skiing families. No guilt feelings, your kids will enjoy their time without you and will welcome you with a huge smile on their face on your return. Skiing as a family is great fun but can be hard work too. With Merinannies you will find flexible childcare options to suit your needs.
Megeve holds the French national 'Family Plus Mountain' award for its high standards of service and facilities for families. This means the resort has taken into consideration what it offers to families and makes sure there are child friendly activities, facilities and some price discounts for kids.
If you'd like to find out more or make a booking, view the Merinannies website here.
If you'd like to book your child into ski school, we have a list of recommended providers here.