Ski Apartment Le Chamois - superb location in the very centre of Megeve
- Fantastic location right next to the central village square
- 50 yards from the Chamois lift which goes straight to the ski school.
- Very close to the bars and restaurants but at the rear of the building so quiet
- 1 double bedded room with large window overlooking rear.
- Separate alcove with bunk beds off apartment corridor
- Sleeps 2 comfortably, ideal for a romantic get away or more cozy for 4 using the bunks
- Comfortable open plan living/dining room and kitchenette
- Sunny balcony from living room, looking towards the top of the peaks of Jaillet
- Bathroom with shower over bath and separate w.c.
- 2 small supermarkets within 2 minutes walk
- WIFI, french TV and DVD player
About Apartment Le Chamois
Fantastically located self-catered ski apartment in the very heart of the village of Megeve
New for the 2018/19 winter season, the self-catered Chamois apartment is a true gem. With an incredible location right in the heart of Megève’s pedestrianised town centre, it is less than 50 yards from the Christmas tree, the Chamois ski lift, Twinner ski shop and several cafés, restaurants and bars. There is no better spot in Megève from which to enjoy everything the resort has to offer. Ideal for a short ski break or a ski weekend as well as a full week's holiday.
The apartment itself is on the first floor of the apartment building and is approximately 40m square. There a balcony to the rear, overlooking the 5* Hotel Mont Blanc’s rear terrace and with a view of the very tips of the Jaillet ski area. The master bedroom has a double bed, large window and ample storage space. The bunk beds are kept tidily towards the rear of the apartment, separated by a curtain. There is a bathroom with a shower, bath, washing machine and separate W.C. The living / dining / kitchen area is open-plan, with the dining table looking out of the double balcony doors. The kitchenette is equipped with 4 electric hobs, fridge, dishwasher, microwave and a small oven.
This self-catered ski apartment would be ideal for a couple looking for a romantic getaway or a family, for whom the accommodation would be a little more cozy!
All linen and towels are provided and our friendly and professional staff are on hand to ensure that you are settled in and to answer any queries. Guests are welcome to join in with the Unthank Ski Club for social skiing.
The self-catered ski chalet is cleaned weekly but we do ask guests to clear the fridge, empty the bins, do the washing up and put it away. There is a £200 damage/extra cleaning deposit payable before departure. We can usually arrange extra cleaning if you wish. We ask you to leave the chalet as you would wish to find it and reserve the right to bill you for any extra cleaning work necessary.
Smoking is not permitted in the apartment. Pets are not allowed.
Like the apartment but really don't want the bother of cooking and shopping? Then why not take up our semi-catered option! There are two options and you can take both or neither.
Breakfast - we will deliver a breakfast hamper to last the duration of your stay containing cereal, jam, butter, eggs, fruit juice, yogurts, tea and coffee. Then every morning (except Friday which is staff day off) we will deliver fresh baguette, croissants and pain au chocolat all for the price of £3/person/day.
Dinner - daily we will leave a delicious, simple 2 course meal for you in the fridge of your apartment. All you have to do, at the time of your choosing, is pop it in the oven and serve it up! Examples of the homely, nutritious food we will provide could be:
- Beef Bourguinon with glazed carrots and mashed potato followed by Lemon Tart
- Confit of Canard with a red wine sauce, seasonal vegetables and Dauphinoise potatoes followed by Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Savoyarde Tartiflette with charcuterie and a seasonal salad followed by Raspberry Pannacotta
- Roast Chicken tray bake served with mediterranean roasted vegetables followed by Chocolate Brownie and custard.
All for the price of £12/person/day!
Menus will vary and are available for 6 days, not on Friday which is staff night off. We can accommodate dietary requirements but can only provide one meal/day so if a vegetarian option is required then the whole meal will be vegetarian.
Weekend and Short Break Prices
Special Offer Prices
Now extended through the season
20th Jan - 16th March
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Catered Chalet £ per person|
|Hotel Rond Point||£400||£505||£540||£435||£440 one single room only|| |
£570 one single room only
|Self-Catered Apartments £ in total|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||£1,600||£2,000||£2,100||£1,700||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|Apartment Le Chamois||£625||£800||£850||£675||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
For a full comparison click here
|Week from Sunday||December||January||February||March||Apr|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes||FULL||FULL|| || |
1 room only fr Monday
|FULL||FULL||FULL||10th-13th only|| ||24th-28th only||3rd-7th only|| ||FULL|
|Hotel Rond Point|| |
1 single room only
or short breaks
|Short breaks only||FULL|
|Hotel Sylvana||Short breaks only|
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||FULL||FULL||FULL||9th-13th only||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||3rd-7th only||FULL||FULL|
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
| || || |
|Chalet Centrale||23rd-26th only||FULL||10th-13th only||FULL||3rd-7th Feb||FULL||FULL|
|Apartment Clochettes||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||10th-13th Feb only||FULL||24th-28th Feb only||3rd-6th only||FULL|
|Sporting Apartments||FULL||FULL||1 apt 7th-10th only||1 apt 10th-14th only||FULL||24th-28th Feb only 1 apt||3rd-6th only|
For a full comparison click here
Getting to Megeve is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megeve is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We will then arrange your transfer to Megeve (see below). Its only just over an hour in our minibuses. You can also take a train (to Sallanches) and we will pick you up, or its an easy drive from the UK - motorway all the way except the last 10 miles. For details of all the options click here.
We offer three levels of Transfer service between Megeve and Geneva airport.
1. FREE Sunday morning if you are happy to arrive in Megeve between 13:00 and 14:00 and depart Megeve at 07:00/07:30 to arrive in Geneva by 09:00. (Free for Chalet guests. Apartment guests £10 each way). Suitable for people arriving on flights before 10:50 or departing after 10:30.
2. Shared - These will be either on a coach or a minibus. Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle.
3. Priority - Our Priority transfers are transfers arranged around your requirements, except that if there are spare seats on the vehicle we may use them for other guests (see waiting times below).
|Special||Shared Transfers||Priority Transfer|
|Transfer Prices £ each way||Sunday Transfer||arr/dep between |
09:00 am - 21:00pm
|arr/dep before 09:00 |
or after 21:00
|arr/dep between |
09:00 and 21:00
|Stanford Catered Guest Price||FREE||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Stanford Self-Catered Guest Price||£10||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Non-Stanford Guest - Transfer Only||£15||£35pp (£30 for 6 or more)||N/A||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
Airport Waiting Times
These transfers do involve some waiting times although we try to keep these to a minimum. Please click here to make sure you know what these are.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Fancy a change, try our Catered ski chalets
Great locations, professional chefs, comfortable en-suite rooms and friendly & welcoming ambience. Read more...