Hiking Holidays - Fantastic scenery for walking and hiking on a summer break in Megeve, French Alps
Megève is the ideal spot for a summer break in the French Alps hiking. Full of character and charm as a village, the mountains encircle it and create a stunning backdrop with Mont Blanc and the ridge of Chamonix dominating the skyline. Whilst the village itself is vibrant in the summer with plenty of life going on, the mountains are peaceful and quiet with very few people hiking so you have them all to yourself! Wildflowers abound including orchids and there is wonderful bird life, plenty of red kites and occasionally eagles are even spotted!
We have a range of hikes for you to try on your summer break in the French Alps, from gentle routes with rest stops at charming mountain restaurants that offer a restorative drink or lunch for those in need of a break, to more challenging routes some involving scrambling. The cable cars of Rochebrune, Jaillet, Bettex and Mont d’Arbois run every 30 mins so limit the uphill and increase the views!
These walks are self-guided and we will supply you with maps. We have done these hikes ourselves and are very happy to give guidance but you are responsible for your own route.
Where to Stay in Megeve
Not sure where to stay for your summer in the French Alps. There's plenty of options:
Self-catered apartments & chalets:
- Superior chalet Les Clochettes - Ideal for a couple of families or group of friends. Sleeps 10 people in 5 en-suite rooms with balconies, spacious sitting room and dining room with sunny terrace and garden. Well equipped separate kitchen and sauna! Great location close to Rochebrune cable car and 5 mins walk from the centre of town. WIFI and parking.
- Apartment Les Clochettes - Ideal for a family or friends. Sleeps 4-6 people in 2 en-suite bedrooms, open plan sitting room, dining room and kitchenette with sofa bed. Great location close to Rochebrune cable car and 5 mins walk from the centre of town. WIFI and parking.
- Le Chamois apartment - Ideal for a couple or a family. Sleeps 2-4 people in a double room with separate bathroom, open plan sitting room, dining room and kitchenette with bunk beds in a curtained alcove and a small balcony. Superb location in the centre of the Megeve pedestrianised area just off the central square but quiet. WIFI but no parking.
Available for weeks or short breaks - 3 nights minimum
- Hotel Sylvana - 1 star hotel, B&B only. Great for eating out and investigating Megeve's wonderful restaurants. No minimum stay so ideal for cycling groups doing the Tour de Mont Blanc etc. Great location close to Rochebrune cable car and 5 mins walk from the centre of town. WIFI and parking.
- Hotel Rond Point - 2 star hotel, B&B only. Great for eating out and investigating Megeve's wonderful restaurants. No minimum stay so ideal for cycling groups doing the Tour de Mont Blanc etc. Superb location in the centre of the town, just 1 minute from the pedestrianised area. WIFI and parking.
No minimum stay.
Prices - Short breaks and week stays
|Full Week||Short breaks|
|3 nights |
|4 nights |
|Self-Catered £ per apartment|
|Chalet Les Clochettes||N/A|
|Apartment Les Clochettes||£900||£400||£530|
|Apartment Le Chamois||£600||£300||£400|
* Not available to book on-line. Please email or call us to book.
|Hotel room prices||Double room||Single room||Triple room||Family room|
|€ per night||€ per night||€ per night||€ per night|
|Hotel Rond Point||€110||€85||€145||€180|
*The Sylvana will only open once the Rond Point is full or for exclusive use (we can offer it for self-catered purposes as well). If you have a larger group and cannot be accommodated at the Rond Point then please email us and we can advise on opening.