Catered or Self-Catered Chalet Les Clochettes - lovely summer chalet in beautiful Megeve, French Alps
- 150m from the Rochebrune cable car for mountain biking & hiking
- 5 minute stroll down to the central Megeve village square
- 10 minute stroll to the sports centre with swimming pool, climbing wall, tennis etc
- 5 comfortable en-suite twin/double bedrooms all with balconies
- If catered - delicious cakes and 3 course meals with wine home cooked by our friendly chalet staff.
- Sauna to sooth away post adventure aches and pains!
- Free local transport including St. Gervais, Sallanches, Combloux & Flumet to access more hikes, mountain bikes, swimming lakes, high ropes courses etc. One return trip per chalet group per day. Catered booking only
- The chalet has a wonderfully spacious sitting area with luxurious leather armchairs and deep comfy sofas
- Large dining area with glass plate doors to sunny veranda and garden.
- Crisp white linen and plump duvets and french complimentary toileteries
- Well appointed en-suite bathrooms
- WIFI throughout
- For larger groups extend into the upstairs apartment
- Quiet location
- Bookable on a room by room basis as well as a whole chalet for catered bookings.
- Parking and bike storage available.
- Great for road biking, lots of Tour de France routes on your doorstep.
- Canyoning, white water rafting, guided hiking & mountain biking and many more bookable through our partners Evo 2. Click here for more information and prices.
About Chalet Les Clochettes
Our summer chalet Les Clochettes is in an ideal, quiet location for those that want to enjoy the peace of the mountains but still only a few minutes stroll down to the centre of Megeve to enjoy the picturesque cobbled streets, bars and boutiques. Just 150m from the Rochebrune cable car it's ideal to get up into the mountains for all those summer, alpine adventures! There is loads for you to enjoy in Megeve in the summer from the more extreme canyoning and white water rafting to hiking, horse riding, golf, high ropes courses, road or mountain biking to summer swimming lakes, swimming pools and the luge or just relax and visit mountain farms to see cheese being made or put your feet up with a glass of wine and watch the world go by!
But the real joy is the chalet. Beautifully proportioned with a large, spacious sitting room, looking out onto the Rochebrune mountain, a view which you can enjoy from the comfort of the leather armchairs, or perhaps from the sunny veranda whilst the kids play in the garden. There is a sauna where you can unwind after a hard days adventuring. The Clochettes can be booked as a self-catered chalet or on a catered basis. If booking on a catered basis, our own friendly and knowledgeable hosts who are there to ensure your comfort will prepare a simple but delicious 3 course dinner with wine on six nights. Then collapse into soft, deep beds made with crisp linen. All of our five bedrooms have balconies and en-suite bathrooms as well as complimentary french toileteries, two include jacuzzi baths! Wake well rested for the a fun packed day ahead. A hearty cooked breakfast will set you up for the day. Enjoy!
The Clochettes can be booked as a whole for catered or self-catered guests or on a room by room basis for catered guests only. If your party is larger than 10 people then we can extend the chalet to include the apartment above which sleeps an additional 4-6 people.
What's Included for catered guests
- Welcome drink on arrival
- En-suite accommodation with complimentary toiletries
- Cooked breakfast including eggs, porridge & croissants
- Home cooked cakes for afternoon tea
- Tasty 3 course dinner prepared by your live in chalet hosts (6 nights)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee & chocolates
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Maps & itineraries for hiking, mountain biking & road biking.
- Free local transport including to St. Gervais, Bettex, Combloux, Passy, Sallanches, Le Fayet and Flumet - one return trip/chalet party/day - so pick up & drop offs for cycling trips.
- Lots of wonderful activities bookable through Evo 2, or lots of local ideas, day trips also available.
- Transfers to and from Geneva available.
NB If booked on a self-catered basis then food and transport is not included.
You can arrive any Saturday, Tuesday or Wednesday for full weks or 3 or 4 night breaks, although we can accommodate other arrival dates so please email us if required. High Season is from 6th July to 31st August 2019.
|Full Week||Short breaks - high season||Short Breaks - Low season|
|3 nights |
|4 nights |
|3 nights |
|4 nights |
|Catered Chalet £ per person|
|Self-Catered Chalet £ per chalet|
Getting to Megeve is easy - fly, train, drive
Airlines flying to Geneva
|Carrier||UK Airports (direct flights)||website|
|Easyjet||Bristol, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Liverpool, Luton, Manchester||www.easyjet.co.uk|
|British Airways||Heathrow, Gatwick||www.ba.com|
|Swiss Air||London City, Heathrow, Manchester||www.swiss.com|
During the summer we offer a shared minibus airport transfer service for those staying in our catered chalet Les Clochettes only. This is at a cost of £30/person each way or £25/person if you are a group of six people or more all travelling together.
Shared transfers are not private transfers and you may have other guests on your transfer. For shared transfers our objective is that you should not have to wait on arrival for more than one hour. However our prices do not cover the cost of running a vehicle for just 2 or 3 people, so if we do not have others booked at a similar time we may book you on another shared service to take you close to Megeve and pick you up from there. We find this will get you to Megeve more quickly. Our aim is to get you to Megeve within 2 1/2 hours of your flight landing. That said, our schedules are sometimes thwarted by flight delays and though we try to reschedule, we do not have infinite resources. In particular, if your flight is delayed, your vehicle may have left and you may have to wait until the next transfer.
For guests staying in our other properties, there are other companies that offer transfers:
Megeve express have a regular transfer service during the summer.
Alpybus offer shared minibus transfers from Geneva to Le Fayet (20 mins from Megeve) at a cost of 26.50€/person. You would then need to get a taxi from Le Fayet. This is probably the cheapest option but they do also offer private door to door transfers.
If you are staying in our catered chalet Les Clochettes then we will include a daily transfer service to local activities and adventures and so you do not need a car, unless you plan to do more than one adventure/day. If you are staying at other locations then it is very useful to have a car in the summer to get to the various walks, swimming lakes and other activities. If you are flying, it is cheapest to book in advance from the UK and there are many on-line agencies that offer good deals. It is usually best to hire from the Swiss side of the airport where your hire includes a Swiss tax disc for motorway driving, otherwise you will have to drive through Geneva to get to the french motorway. But sometimes the french side has very good offers and a motorway tax disc costs about €40 (if you are lucky there will be one on the car already, bought by a previous hirer).
There is a Europcar agency in Megeve but it is usually closed at weekends.
Megeve is 550 miles from Calais, all by motorway except the last 10 miles. You can book Eurotunnel tickets or ferry tickets (prices vary) via the links below.
AFerry - a comparison website for the ferry market
Brief directions are: follow motorways, bypassing Reims, Troyes, Dijon, Dole, Bourg, Geneva. Continue towards Chamonix until Sallanches, leave motorway and drive 13km up the hill. Click here to download detailed driving instructions.
Megeve is also convenient from the UK by rail (you travel to Sallanches which is 20 minutes from Megeve. We offer a free transfer from Sallanches to guests in our catered chalet, for other guests, a taxi costs about €25.
A new independent information website, Snowcarbon (www.snowcarbon.co.uk), has specific rail journey details for Megeve.
For a full comparison click here