Ski Chalet Hotel Sylvana - relax and unwind at Stanford's original ski chalet/hotel in Megeve
- Quiet location and only 150m to the Rochebrune cable car
- Excellent food with professional chef
- Homely and cosy traditional chalet décor, all rooms en-suite
- Both inexpensive short ski breaks and 7 night ski breaks available
- 5 mins stroll to Megeve village square
- Comfortable seating area with roaring log fire
- Welcoming ambience and relaxing bar area for guests convenience
- Hot breakfast, tea and cake, 3 course dinner with wine included
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- Perfect for couples and small groups as well as families
- Small separate TV room for children.
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club, a great way to discover the mountain
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
- Private parking outside the chalet for self-drivers
- No need to carry skis as the ski shop at the bottom of the slopes has a consigne
About Ski Chalet-Hotel Sylvana
Our catered ski chalet hotel Sylvana in Megeve is our original ski chalet and has a special ambience which makes our guests want to return year after year.
The catered Chalet Hotel Sylvana is ideal for holidaymakers who wish for a slightly quieter location, but would like to be able to nip into the village after skiing for a bit of lively après-ski!
Positioned a few minutes walk to the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with it’s unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets, the ski chalet Hotel Sylvana is perfectly located 150m from the Rochbrune cable car, yet a 5 minute stroll down to the boutiques and local shops, bars, jazz and nightclubs of Megeve.
The 15 bedrooms are comfortable, simple and homely, decorated in the traditional Savoyard manner. Each cosy room has an ensuite bath or shower room. Downstairs you can relax in front of the log fire in the attractive and spacious lounge area and have a pre-dinner drink and appetisers at the bar.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast of croissants, porridge, eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurts and pain au chocolat, 3 course evening meal cooked to a high standard with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area at the chalet’s own bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a small TV room downstairs, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
Noix St Jaques with Lemon Grass and Chive Sauce
Supreme of Chicken with Puy Lentil Salsa and Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Marque with Raspberry Coulis
All our chalets are non-smoking.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews
Credit to Jordan Granger for the above Sylvana pictures
- Sunday morning timed transfers (see below for details)
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekends and Short Ski Break Prices
Special Offer Prices
23-25 Dec, 2 Jan - 26th Feb (ex Half term) ,17 Mar-14 Apr
26th Feb - 16th March
Wed 26th Dec to Wed 2nd Jan - 3, 4, 5 or 6 nights
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Wed-Sun||Wed-Tues||Thurs-Sun||Thurs-Tues||Sun-Wed||Sun-Thurs||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Catered Chalet £ per person|
|Hotel Rond Point||£360||£465||£485||£380||£400||£505||£540||£435||£570||£650||£440||£650||£400||£505||£440||£570|
|Self-Catered Apartments £ in total|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||£1,500||£1,900||£2,000||£1,600||£1,600||£2,000||£2,100||£1,700||£2,100||N/A||£1,700||N/A||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|Apartment Le Chamois||£550||£700||£750||£600||£625||£800||£850||£675||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|Sporting Apartments||£1,200||£1,550||£1,650||£1,300||£1,450||£1,850||£1,950||£1,550||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||1 apt only 5 nights Tue-Sun |
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
|Week from Sunday||December||January||February||March||Apr|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes||FULL||FULL|| || |
1 room only fr Monday
|FULL||FULL||2 rooms only ||10th-13th only|| ||£1,000||£950||£900||£700||FULL|
|Hotel Rond Point|| |
1 single room only £840
or short breaks
|Hotel Sylvana||Short breaks only||£740||£700||£650||£530||£530|
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||FULL||FULL||FULL||9th-13th only||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||£3,500||£2,900||FULL||FULL||£2,100||£2,400|
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
| || || || || || |
|Chalet Centrale||23rd-26th only||FULL||10th-13th only||27th-30th only||20th-24th only|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||FULL||FULL||FULL||21st-24th only||£2,800||£2,100||£1,700||£1,500||FULL|
|Sporting Apartments||FULL||FULL||1 apt 7th-10th only||1 apt 10th-14th only||1 apt 19th-24th only||£3,200||£2,400||£2,000||£1,800||£1,800||£2,000|
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megeve is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megeve is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We will then arrange your transfer to Megeve (see below). It's only just over an hour in our minibuses. You can also take a train (to Sallanches) and we will pick you up, or its an easy drive from the UK - motorway all the way except the last 10 miles. For details of all the options click here.
We offer three levels of Transfer service between Megeve and Geneva airport.
1. FREE Sunday morning if you are happy to arrive in Megeve between 13:00 and 14:00 and depart Megeve at 07:00/07:30 to arrive in Geneva by 09:00. (Free for Chalet guests. Apartment guests £10 each way). Suitable for people arriving on flights before 10:50 or departing after 10:30.
2. Shared - These will be either on a coach or a minibus. Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle.
3. Priority - Our Priority transfers are transfers arranged around your requirements, except that if there are spare seats on the vehicle we may use them for other guests (see waiting times below).
|Special||Shared Transfers||Priority Transfer|
|Transfer Prices £ each way||Sunday Transfer||arr/dep between |
09:00 am - 21:00pm
|arr/dep before 09:00 |
or after 21:00
|arr/dep between |
09:00 and 21:00
|Stanford Catered Guest Price||FREE||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Stanford Self-Catered Guest Price||£10||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Non-Stanford Guest - Transfer Only||£15||£35pp (£30 for 6 or more)||N/A||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
Airport Waiting Times
These transfers do involve some waiting times although we try to keep these to a minimum. Please click here to make sure you know what these are.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...