Ski Chalet Hotel Sylvana - relax and unwind at Stanford's original ski chalet/hotel in Megeve
- Quiet location and only 150m to the Rochebrune cable car
- Excellent food with professional chef
- Homely and cosy traditional chalet décor, all rooms en-suite
- Both inexpensive short ski breaks and 7 night ski breaks available
- 5 mins stroll to Megeve village square
- Comfortable seating area with roaring log fire
- Welcoming ambience and relaxing bar area for guests convenience
- Hot breakfast, tea and cake, 3 course dinner with wine included
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- Perfect for couples and small groups as well as families
- Small separate TV room for children.
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club, a great way to discover the mountain
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
- Private parking outside the chalet for self-drivers
- No need to carry skis as the ski shop at the bottom of the slopes has a consigne
About Ski Chalet-Hotel Sylvana
Our catered ski chalet hotel Sylvana in Megeve is our original ski chalet and has a special ambience which makes our guests want to return year after year.
The catered Chalet Hotel Sylvana is ideal for holidaymakers who wish for a slightly quieter location, but would like to be able to nip into the village after skiing for a bit of lively après-ski!
Positioned a few minutes walk to the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with it’s unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets, the ski chalet Hotel Sylvana is perfectly located 150m from the Rochbrune cable car, yet a 5 minute stroll down to the boutiques and local shops, bars, jazz and nightclubs of Megeve.
The 15 bedrooms are comfortable, simple and homely, decorated in the traditional Savoyard manner. Each cosy room has an ensuite bath or shower room. Downstairs you can relax in front of the log fire in the attractive and spacious lounge area and have a pre-dinner drink and appetisers at the bar.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast of croissants, porridge, eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurts and pain au chocolat, 3 course evening meal cooked to a high standard with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area at the chalet’s own bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a small TV room downstairs, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
Noix St Jaques with Lemon Grass and Chive Sauce
Supreme of Chicken with Puy Lentil Salsa and Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Marque with Raspberry Coulis
All our chalets are non-smoking.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews
Credit to Jordan Granger for the above Sylvana pictures
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Room servicing 3 times/week (4 including Sunday changeover)
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekends and Short Ski Break Prices
Catered Ski Chalet
Prices £ per person
Special Offer Prices
Jan 5th-18th Jan & 22nd March to end of the season
Normal prices excl Half term & New Year
22nd Dec-28th Dec & 19th Jan - 21st March
29th Dec-4th Jan
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Hotel Rond Point||£300||£410||£440||£330||£400||£505||£540||£435||£510|| |
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
|Week from Sunday||December||January||February||March||Apr|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes||FULL|| |
|Hotel Rond Point||£650||£920||£550||£550||£790||£820||£820||£820||£920||£820||£790||£730||£680||£500||£500||FULL|
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||£2,800||£4,100||£2,300||£2,300||£2,850||FULL||FULL|| |
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
|Chalet Centrale||£1,400||£3,000||£1,200||£1,200||£1,700||£1,850||£1,850|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||FULL||£3,100||£1,600||£1,600||FULL||£2,500||£2,550||£2,700||£3,100||£3,100||£2,900||£2,100||£1,900||£1,400|| |
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megève is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megève is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We can then arrange your transfer. Please check our transfer times before booking your flight - it can be expensive if your flight is very early or late.
Alternatively, the nearest TGV train station (Sallanches) is 20 mins away, or its an easy drive.
For the winter season 2019-20, we are working with Alpybus, the largest Geneva airport transfer company. As a result of our agreement, Alpybus have 200 direct services each week to Megève and many more to Sallanches from where we can pick you up. We also have our own minibuses to cover peak periods and emergencies. The journey takes only 75 minutes in normal conditions. We offer two types of service:
Shared Transfers £28 each way
Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle. If your flight is late and your planned transfer has left, the increased capacity that Alpybus have means that they have the flexibility to reschedule and get you to Megève as quickly as possible.
Your transfers will be booked at the time you specify. Prices for Private transfers each way are as follows:
1 - 8 passengers £200, 1-13 passengers £300, 1-16 Passengers £390.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...