Chalet Hotel Rond Point - relaxed and hospitable ski chalet/hotel in Megeve
- Great location in the centre of Megeve
- Ideal for skiing weekends and short ski breaks as well as longer ski holidays
- Easy, walk 3 min to the Chamois ski-lift and the adjacent ski shop where you can leave your skis.
- Excellent food with professional chefs
- Recently updated, comfortable sitting area with roaring log fire
- Inexpensive but homely ski chalet ambience
- Reasonably priced bar run for the convenience of our guests
- All rooms en-suite with complimentary toileteries
- Proximity to apres ski activities in the village of Megeve
- Perfect for couples, small groups of friends and families
- Small games room/TV room for children
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club for all levels
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers in Megeve
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- You can catch a skibus from outside the front door.
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
About Ski Chalet Hotel Rond Point
Escape the grey, step off the treadmill and treat yourself to a new and exhilarating experience, from ski weekends and short ski breaks to a weeks skiing holiday in beautiful Megeve, without breaking the bank – come and ski with Stanford Skiing at the catered Chalet Hotel Rond Point!
Positioned in the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with its unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets, the catered ski Chalet Hotel Rond Point is perfectly located close to the centre of Megeve and its boutiques, shops, bars, casino, jazz and nightclubs.
The Rond Point is a small, inexpensive and friendly catered ski chalet, with 13 homely rooms with crisp linen and charming Savoyard decor each with ensuite shower or bath and WC, which our regular customers return to year after year.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast, 3 course evening meal with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area (either at the hotel bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, or close by in one of the chic and cosy Megeve bars), join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a games room in the basement, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
Warm balsamic beetroot, pear and fennel salad
Roast duck breast and confit leg, sauted savoy cabbage with lardons and chestnuts
Chocolate, coffee and cardamom mousse
Please note, smoking is not permitted in our accommodation.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews!
- Sunday morning timed transfers (see below for more details)
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekend and Short Ski Break Prices
Prices per person in £
Special Offer Prices
23-25 Dec, 2 Jan - 26th Feb (ex Half term) ,17 Mar-14 Apr
26th Feb - 16th March
Wed 26th Dec to Wed 2nd Jan - 3, 4, 5 or 6 nights
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Wed-Sun||Wed-Tues||Thurs-Sun||Thurs-Tues||Sun-Wed||Sun-Thurs||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Catered Chalet £ per person|
|Hotel Rond Point||£360||£465||£485||£380||£400||£505||£540||£435||£570||£650||£440||£650||£400||£505||£440||£570|
|Self-Catered Apartments £ in total|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||£1,500||£1,900||£2,000||£1,600||£1,600||£2,000||£2,100||£1,700||£2,100||N/A||£1,700||N/A||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|Apartment Le Chamois||£550||£700||£750||£600||£625||£800||£850||£675||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL|
|Sporting Apartments||£1,200||£1,550||£1,650||£1,300||£1,450||£1,850||£1,950||£1,550||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||1 apt only 5 nights Tue-Sun |
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
|Week from Sunday||December||January||February||March||Apr|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes||FULL||FULL|| || |
1 room only fr Monday
|FULL||FULL||2 rooms only ||10th-13th only|| ||£1,000||£950||£900||£700||FULL|
|Hotel Rond Point|| |
1 single room only £840
or short breaks
|Hotel Sylvana||Short breaks only||£740||£700||£650||£530||£530|
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau||FULL||FULL||FULL||9th-13th only||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||FULL||£3,500||£2,900||FULL||FULL||£2,100||£2,400|
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
| || || || || || |
|Chalet Centrale||23rd-26th only||FULL||10th-13th only||27th-30th only||20th-24th only|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||FULL||FULL||FULL||21st-24th only||£2,800||£2,100||£1,700||£1,500||FULL|
|Sporting Apartments||FULL||FULL||1 apt 7th-10th only||1 apt 10th-14th only||1 apt 19th-24th only||£3,200||£2,400||£2,000||£1,800||£1,800||£2,000|
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megeve is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megeve is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We will then arrange your transfer to Megeve (see below). It's only just over an hour in our minibuses. You can also take a train (to Sallanches) and we will pick you up, or its an easy drive from the UK - motorway all the way except the last 10 miles. For details of all the options click here.
We offer three levels of Transfer service between Megeve and Geneva airport.
1. FREE Sunday morning if you are happy to arrive in Megeve between 13:00 and 14:00 and depart Megeve at 07:00/07:30 to arrive in Geneva by 09:00. (Free for Chalet guests. Apartment guests £10 each way). Suitable for people arriving on flights before 10:50 or departing after 10:30.
2. Shared - These will be either on a coach or a minibus. Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle.
3. Priority - Our Priority transfers are transfers arranged around your requirements, except that if there are spare seats on the vehicle we may use them for other guests (see waiting times below).
|Special||Shared Transfers||Priority Transfer|
|Transfer Prices £ each way||Sunday Transfer||arr/dep between |
09:00 am - 21:00pm
|arr/dep before 09:00 |
or after 21:00
|arr/dep between |
09:00 and 21:00
|Stanford Catered Guest Price||FREE||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Stanford Self-Catered Guest Price||£10||£30pp (£25 for 6 or more)||£180 per vehicle (8 seats)||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
|Non-Stanford Guest - Transfer Only||£15||£35pp (£30 for 6 or more)||N/A||Shared plus £60 per vehicle |
Airport Waiting Times
These transfers do involve some waiting times although we try to keep these to a minimum. Please click here to make sure you know what these are.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...