Ski Chalet Hotel Sylvana - relax and unwind at Stanford's original ski chalet/hotel in Megeve
- Quiet location and only 150m to the Rochebrune cable car
- Excellent food with professional chef
- Homely and cosy traditional chalet décor, all rooms en-suite
- Both inexpensive short ski breaks and 7 night ski breaks available
- 5 mins stroll to Megeve village square
- Comfortable seating area with roaring log fire
- Welcoming ambience and relaxing bar area for guests convenience
- Hot breakfast, tea and cake, 3 course dinner with wine included
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- Perfect for couples and small groups as well as families
- Small separate TV room for children.
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club, a great way to discover the mountain
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
- Private parking outside the chalet for self-drivers
- No need to carry skis as the ski shop at the bottom of the slopes has a consigne
About Ski Chalet-Hotel Sylvana
Our catered ski chalet hotel Sylvana in Megeve is our original ski chalet, very popular with our regular guests who have discovered it's charms and with a great location for those who want to maximise their skiing.
Situated in a quieter location on a private road, the catered ski chalet hotel Sylvana is ideal for skiers with it’s superb location just 150m from the Rochebrune cable car which takes you straight into the vast ski area of Megeve, so you can be straight on the slopes. Yet still only a few minutes walk to the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with it’s unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets.
The 15 bedrooms are comfortable, simple and homely, decorated in the traditional Savoyard manner. Each cosy room has an ensuite bath or shower room. Downstairs you can relax in front of the log fire in the attractive and spacious lounge area and have a pre-dinner drink and appetisers at the bar.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast of croissants, porridge, eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurts and pain au chocolat, 3 course evening meal cooked to a high standard with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area at the chalet’s own bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a small TV room downstairs, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
There is a private car park at the front of the chalet, which is free of charge to our guests.
Noix St Jaques with Lemon Grass and Chive Sauce
Supreme of Chicken with Puy Lentil Salsa and Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Marque with Raspberry Coulis
All our chalets are non-smoking.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews
Credit to Jordan Granger for the above Sylvana pictures
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Room servicing is 3 times/week (subject to Covid regulations)
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekends and Short Ski Break Prices
Catered Ski Chalet
Prices £ per person
Special Offer Prices
Dec 18th -22nd Jan & 20th March to 17th April
Normal prices excl Half term
23rd Jan - 12th Feb, 27th Feb -19th March
Half Term w/c 13th & 20th Feb
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Les Clochettes||£480||£640||£685||£525||£665||£885||£955||£735|| |
Week bookings only
|Hotel Sylvana||£345||£460||£505||£390||£440||£580||£620||£480||£450|| |
|Hotel Rond Point||£335||£450||£490||£375||£430||£570||£605||£465||£440||£595||£665||£510|
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
Week holidays can start or finish on a Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Or at Christmas and New Year we are also offering Monday or Tuesday arrivals/departures for 7 night stays.
|Week||December 2021||January 2022||February 2022||March 2022||Apr 2022|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes|| |
2 rooms left
| || |
1 room only
| || || |
1 room only for the week £1,550
£1,400 - 2 rooms left
|FULL||£850 - 3 rooms left||£870||FULL||FULL|
|Hotel Sylvana|| |
6 rooms left
6 nights only 3rd-9th £480
| || || |
£940 - 6 rooms only
|£990 - 3 rooms left||£880|| |
|Short break only 17th to 20th March||£660||£660||£770||£720|
|Hotel Rond Point||6 nights 27th-2nd £590|| |
2 single rooms £550
|£600|| || || || || |
£920 - 3 rooms only
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau|| |
| || |
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
| || ||FULL|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||FULL||£1,750|| ||FULL|| || ||Short break only 13th-16th Feb|| |
NB. Tax de sejour of 4€/adult/night is not included in the price of the holiday in self-catered apartments only (included in catered chalets) and will be collected in resort.
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megève is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megève is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We can then arrange your transfer. Please check our transfer times before booking your flight - it can be expensive if your flight is very early or late.
Alternatively, the nearest TGV train station (Sallanches) is 20 mins away, or its an easy drive.
For the winter season 2021-22, we are working with Alpybus, the largest Geneva airport transfer company. As a result of our agreement, Alpybus have a lot of services each week to Megève and many more to Sallanches from where we can pick you up. We also have our own minibuses to cover peak periods and emergencies. The journey takes only 75 minutes in normal conditions. We offer two types of service:
Shared Transfers £38 each way
Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle. If your flight is late and your planned transfer has left, the increased capacity that Alpybus have means that they have the flexibility to reschedule and get you to Megève as quickly as possible. Guide timetables for the 2021/22 season are available here.
Your transfers will be booked at the time you specify. Prices for Private transfers will be confirmed in early September but to give you an idea, last season's prices each way were as follows:
1 - 8 passengers £185, 9-13 passengers £225, 14-16 Passengers £360.
Keeping you Covid secure
Desperately missing skiing but worried about the dreaded virus? Don't fret!
This summer (2021) the ski lifts have been open and we have had confirmation that they will be open for the winter. Megéve has been as beautiful as ever with visitors enjoying all that the village has to offer. Our catered chalet hotel Rond Point has been open throughout the pandemic and the Sylvana is also open this summer so we already have experience of running our catered chalets and apartments with regulations in place to minimise risks and ensure our guests have a fantastic holiday. Obviously we will adapt as new regulations appear and we hope that things will relax further but as things stand at the moment, this is what is in place:
- We ask you to wear your mask when moving around the chalet.
- You will need to show your "Pass Sanitaire" when you check in to the chalet. Please see here for further details on that.
- We will be offering room servicing during your stay but if you would prefer for this not to happen to minimise cross-contamination then please let us know.
- Our friendly chalet staff will wear masks whilst servicing your rooms.
- The main chalet areas, including our relaxed sitting/bar area with log fire, will of course be cleaned very frequently and there will be hand sanitisers in the bar area and at the entrance to the chalets for guest use.
- You no longer need to remain in your "bubble" however if you prefer to have a separate table for dinner then please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...