Ski Chalet Hotel Sylvana - relax and unwind at Stanford's original ski chalet/hotel in Megeve
- Quiet location and only 150m to the Rochebrune cable car
- Excellent food with professional chef
- Homely and cosy traditional chalet décor, all rooms en-suite
- Both inexpensive short ski breaks and 7 night ski breaks available
- 5 mins stroll to Megeve village square
- Comfortable seating area with roaring log fire
- Welcoming ambience and relaxing bar area for guests convenience
- Hot breakfast, tea and cake, 3 course dinner with wine included
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- Perfect for couples and small groups as well as families
- Small separate TV room for children.
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club, a great way to discover the mountain
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
- Private parking outside the chalet for self-drivers
- No need to carry skis as the ski shop at the bottom of the slopes has a consigne
About Ski Chalet-Hotel Sylvana
Our catered ski chalet hotel Sylvana in Megeve is our original ski chalet and has a special ambience which makes our guests want to return year after year.
The catered Chalet Hotel Sylvana is ideal for holidaymakers who wish for a slightly quieter location, but would like to be able to nip into the village after skiing for a bit of lively après-ski!
Positioned a few minutes walk to the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with it’s unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets, the ski chalet Hotel Sylvana is perfectly located 150m from the Rochbrune cable car, yet a 5 minute stroll down to the boutiques and local shops, bars, jazz and nightclubs of Megeve.
The 15 bedrooms are comfortable, simple and homely, decorated in the traditional Savoyard manner. Each cosy room has an ensuite bath or shower room. Downstairs you can relax in front of the log fire in the attractive and spacious lounge area and have a pre-dinner drink and appetisers at the bar.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast of croissants, porridge, eggs, fresh fruit, yoghurts and pain au chocolat, 3 course evening meal cooked to a high standard with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area at the chalet’s own bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a small TV room downstairs, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
Noix St Jaques with Lemon Grass and Chive Sauce
Supreme of Chicken with Puy Lentil Salsa and Scalloped Potatoes
Chocolate Marque with Raspberry Coulis
All our chalets are non-smoking.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews
Credit to Jordan Granger for the above Sylvana pictures
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Room servicing during your stay is suspended at the moment to keep you Covid secure unless requested
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekends and Short Ski Break Prices
Catered Ski Chalet
Prices £ per person
Special Offer Prices
Jan 3rd-16th Jan & 21st March to end of the season
Normal prices excl Half term (& New Year for Clochettes)
Dec 20th-Jan 2nd, 17th Jan - 20th March
Half Term w/c 14th Feb
New Year for Les Clochettes
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Les Clochettes||£480||£640||£685||£525||£645||£860||£920||£795|| || || || |
|Hotel Rond Point||£315||£420||£465||£360||£420||£560||£590||£450||£465|| |
For arrivals on Mondays, Tuesdays or Saturdays or stays of longer durations please call or email us.
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
New. Arrive any day except Friday for 7 day break!
|Week||December 2020||January 2021||February 2021||March 2021||Apr 2021|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes||£1,160|| ||£800||£850||£1,200||£1,400||£1,300|| |
|Hotel Rond Point||£690||£500|| |
|Hotel Sylvana||£690||£500||£600||£840||£870|| |
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau|| |
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
|Chalet Centrale||£1,550||£3,300||£1,250||£1,320||£1,870||£2,050||£2,050||£3,000||£3,400||£3,400||£3,000|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||£2,100|| |
full from 30th Dec-4th Jan
|Sporting Apartments||£2,550||FULL||£2,000||£2,100||£2,650||£3,130||£3,130||£3,400||£4,000||£3,850||£3,600|| |
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megève is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megève is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We can then arrange your transfer. Please check our transfer times before booking your flight - it can be expensive if your flight is very early or late.
Alternatively, the nearest TGV train station (Sallanches) is 20 mins away, or its an easy drive.
For the winter season 2020-21, we are working with Alpybus, the largest Geneva airport transfer company. As a result of our agreement, Alpybus have a lot of services each week to Megève and many more to Sallanches from where we can pick you up. We also have our own minibuses to cover peak periods and emergencies. The journey takes only 75 minutes in normal conditions. We offer two types of service:
Shared Transfers £28 each way
Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle. If your flight is late and your planned transfer has left, the increased capacity that Alpybus have means that they have the flexibility to reschedule and get you to Megève as quickly as possible. Timetables are available here.
Your transfers will be booked at the time you specify. Prices for Private transfers each way are as follows:
1 - 8 passengers £185, 9-13 passengers £225, 14-16 Passengers £360.
Keeping you Covid secure
Desperately missing skiing but worried about the dreaded virus? Don't fret!
This summer the ski lifts have been open, Megéve has been as beautiful as ever with visitors enjoying all that the village has to offer and the attitude seems to be: take precautions, be sensible but let's find a way to live with it. Our catered chalet hotels Rond Point & Sylvana have also both been open during the summer so we already have experience of running them with regulations in place to minimise risks and ensure our guests have a fantastic holiday. Obviously we will adapt as new regulations appear but as things stand at the moment, here is our plan:
- We will not be offering room servicing during your stay to minimise cross-infection (unless requested by yourselves) but will be cleaning thoroughly between guests.
- The main chalet areas, including our relaxed sitting/bar area with log fire, will of course be cleaned very frequently and there will be hand sanitisers in the bar area and at the entrance to the chalets for guest use.
- Our friendly chalet staff will wear masks and we ask you to do the same whilst moving around the hotel although not when seated in the main chalet areas.
- We will seat you in the dining area in your “bubble” with 1 metre spacing between groups and will ask you to sit 1 metre apart at the bar and in our comfortable seating area around the fire. We will serve you your drinks and bar snacks to prevent congestion at the bar.
- Instead of a breakfast buffet, there will be table service and we will ask you to pre-order the night before.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...