- Great location in the centre of Megeve
- Ideal for skiing weekends and short ski breaks as well as longer ski holidays
- Easy, walk 3 min to the Chamois ski-lift and the adjacent ski shop where you can leave your skis.
- Excellent food with professional chefs
- Recently updated, comfortable sitting area with roaring log fire
- Inexpensive but homely ski chalet ambience
- Reasonably priced bar run for the convenience of our guests
- All rooms en-suite with complimentary toileteries
- Proximity to apres ski activities in the village of Megeve
- Perfect for couples, small groups of friends and families
- Small games room/TV room for children
- Free membership of the Unthank social ski club for all levels
- Plentiful activities for non-skiers in Megeve
- Only 4 hours approximately from London airport to skiing the pistes!
- You can catch a skibus from outside the front door.
- We can pre-book your ski passes in advance
About Ski Chalet Hotel Rond Point
Escape the grey, step off the treadmill and treat yourself to a new and exhilarating experience, from ski weekends and short ski breaks to a weeks skiing holiday in beautiful Megeve, without breaking the bank – come and ski with Stanford Skiing at the catered Chalet Hotel Rond Point!
Positioned in the heart of the iconic French alpine resort of Megeve, where the village centre oozes French charm, with its unique ambience, open air ice rink, horse-drawn sleighs and cobbled streets, the catered ski Chalet Hotel Rond Point is perfectly located close to the centre of Megeve and its boutiques, shops, bars, casino, jazz and nightclubs.
The Rond Point is a small, inexpensive and friendly catered ski chalet, with 13 homely rooms with crisp linen and charming Savoyard decor each with ensuite shower or bath and WC, which our regular customers return to year after year.
The resident professional chef will spoil you daily with a hearty breakfast, 3 course evening meal with wine, and freshly baked cakes, tea and coffee on your return. After a quick pre-dinner drink around the blazing open fire in the lounge area (either at the hotel bar, where we serve reasonably priced drinks, or close by in one of the chic and cosy Megeve bars), join the other guests at the chalet for a sociable evening ahead. There is a games room in the basement, equipped with English satellite TV (free to view channels), video player and board games. A perfect den for the children!
Warm balsamic beetroot, pear and fennel salad
Roast duck breast and confit leg, sauted savoy cabbage with lardons and chestnuts
Chocolate, coffee and cardamom mousse
Please note, smoking is not permitted in our accommodation.
Click here to see our most recent guest reviews!
- En-suite chalet accommodation
- Complimentary toileteries
- Free welcome drink of your choice on arrival
- Afternoon tea and cakes
- Nibbles before dinner
- 3 course dinner prepared to a high standard by an experienced chef (except Friday - staff day off)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Coffee and chocolates
- Room is 3 times/week (subject to Covid regulations)
- Free wireless internet access
- Friendly and professional staff
- Join The Unthank Ski Club, free of charge for friendly, social skiing
- Download ski itineraries to make the most of your stay
Ski Weekend and Short Ski Break Prices
Prices per person in £
Catered Ski Chalet
Prices £ per person
Special Offer Prices
3rd to 14th Jan & 19th March to 17th April
Normal prices excl Half term & NY
17th Dec-25th Dec, 15th Jan-11th Feb & 26th Feb -18th March
New Year 26th Dec to 2nd Jan
Half Term 12th-25th Feb
|Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun-Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun||Sun- Wed||Sun- Thurs||Wed- Sun||Thurs-Sun|
|Les Clochettes||£480||£640||£685||£525||£665||£885||£955||£735|| |
|Hotel Sylvana||£345||£460||£505||£390||£440||£580||£620||£480||£450|| |
|Hotel Rond Point||£335||£450||£490||£375||£430||£570||£605||£465||£440||£595||£665||£510|
For a full comparison click here
Weekly Ski Prices
Week holidays can start or finish on a Sunday, Wednesday or Thursday. Prices below are held at 2021/22 until end of June!
Or at Christmas and New Year we are also offering Monday or Tuesday arrivals/departures for 7 night stays.
|Week||December 2022||January 2023||February 2023||March 2023||Apr 2023|
|Catered Chalet Prices £ per person per week|
|Les Clochettes|| |
Short break only 17th/18th to 22nd Dec
|Short break only 3rd/4th to 8th Jan||£850|| |
Week only from 19th to 26th Jan £1,300 or Short break
|Short break only 22nd to 26th Jan|| |
|Hotel Sylvana||£730|| |
£940 - 3 rooms available
|Hotel Rond Point||£710||£920||£600|| |
|Self-catered Apartment Prices £ per week|
|Chalet Apartment Roseau|| |
Short break only 17th/18th to 22nd Dec
|Week from Thursday 29th Dec £4,650 or Short break||£2,550|| |
|Short break only 15th to 18th Jan|| |
|Apartment Le Chamois|| |
|Short break only 1st to 4th Jan|| |
Short break only 11th to 15th Jan
|Short break only 16th to 19th Feb|| |
|Apartment Clochettes||£2,200 - week avail until 26th/27th Dec||FULL from 27th Dec-3rd Jan||Short break only 3rd to 8th Jan||£1,850||Short break only 15th to 18th Jan||Short break only 22nd to 25th Jan||Short break only 29th Jan to 1st Feb||£3,100||£3,500|| |
NB. Tax de sejour of 4€/adult/night is not included in the price of the holiday in self-catered apartments only (included in catered chalets) and will be collected in resort.
For a full comparison click here
Airport Transfers and Travel Options
Getting to Megève is easy - fly, train, drive
The easiest way to get to Megève is to fly to Geneva. There are direct flights from about 20 UK airports and numerous other countries. We can then arrange your transfer. Please check our transfer times before booking your flight - it can be expensive if your flight is very early or late.
Alternatively, the nearest TGV train station (Sallanches) is 20 mins away, or its an easy drive.
For the winter season 2022-23, we are working with Alpybus, the largest Geneva airport transfer company. As a result of our agreement, Alpybus have a lot of services each week to Megève and many more to Sallanches from where we can pick you up. We also have our own minibuses to cover peak periods and emergencies. The journey takes only 75 minutes in normal conditions. We offer two types of service:
Shared Transfers £38 each way
Several parties of guests may travel in the same vehicle. If your flight is late and your planned transfer has left, the increased capacity that Alpybus have means that they have the flexibility to reschedule and get you to Megève as quickly as possible. Guide timetables for the 2021/22 season are available here.
Your transfers will be booked at the time you specify. Prices for Private transfers will be confirmed in early September but to give you an idea, last season's prices each way were as follows:
1 - 8 passengers £185, 9-13 passengers £225, 14-16 Passengers £360.
Keeping you Covid secure
Desperately missing skiing but worried about the dreaded virus? Don't fret!
This summer (2021) the ski lifts have been open and we have had confirmation that they will be open for the winter. Megéve has been as beautiful as ever with visitors enjoying all that the village has to offer. Our catered chalet hotel Rond Point has been open throughout the pandemic and the Sylvana is also open this summer so we already have experience of running our catered chalets and apartments with regulations in place to minimise risks and ensure our guests have a fantastic holiday. Obviously we will adapt as new regulations appear and we hope that things will relax further but as things stand at the moment, this is what is in place:
- We ask you to wear your mask when moving around the chalet.
- You will need to show your "Pass Sanitaire" when you check in to the chalet. Please see here for further details on that.
- We will be offering room servicing during your stay but if you would prefer for this not to happen to minimise cross-contamination then please let us know.
- Our friendly chalet staff will wear masks whilst servicing your rooms.
- The main chalet areas, including our relaxed sitting/bar area with log fire, will of course be cleaned very frequently and there will be hand sanitisers in the bar area and at the entrance to the chalets for guest use.
- You no longer need to remain in your "bubble" however if you prefer to have a separate table for dinner then please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate.
Ask Us a Question...
Our friendly team are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Call +44(0)1603 477471 or email us below...
Lift passes & Equipment
We have everything you need for the ultimate skiing holiday, for beginners and seasoned skiers.Read More
Like the idea of being cooked for but fancy a bit more independence? Why not try our semi-catered apartments for the best of both worlds! Read more...